Timber Kennels Stud Contract
Australian Cattle Dogs
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Stud dog name____________________________________
Registration # of stud dog_______________________
Registration # of broodbitch_______________________
Price of stud service____________________________
Signature of stud owner if pick puppy is chosen in lieu of stud fee____________________
1. a) Upon the signing of this agreement I do hereby swear that I am the owner of this bitch and have legal right to breed her. Further, I certify that this bitch is registered with The American Kennel Club.
b) I attest that this bitch is at least 22 months of age and less than 7 years of age at the time breeding takes place.
c) I attest that I have the bitch's best welfare at interest and that I am able and capable of caring for this bitch if in whelp and for her litter. I will provide all necessities, including veterinary care, adequate feed, water, and shelter for the dam and puppies.
2. a) Bitch owner does hereby swear that this bitch has not produced a litter of more than one live puppy within a 12 month period.
b) Further, the bitch owner attests that should a litter occur from this mating it will not result in the bitch owner producing over a total number of 4 (four) litters produced within a 24 (twenty four) month period; owned or co-owned.
3 a) The owner of the bitch agrees to pay the stud dog owner a stud fee for services performed by the above mentioned male prior to semen shipment or natural cover.
b) The stud dog owner is not obligated to sign the litter registration papers on the litter until the stud fee has been paid in full.
4. a) If 2 puppies are born alive, this constitutes a litter. If there are less than 2 puppies one re-breeding is guaranteed at waived stud fee. All re-breed expenses are the responsibility of the bitch owner (breeder).
b) The breeder understands it is their responsibility to ensure that all offspring resulting from this breeding is fully wormed and innoculated and should have complete veterinary exam before placement. Stud dog owner suggests complete physical, inoculations, blood work, and specific gravity on each puppy.
5. a) The owner of the bitch hereby agrees to pay all expenses incurred for the purpose of this breeding at the time in which they are incurred. Including, but not limited to, all veterinary costs, artificial insemination, semen collection (fresh, chilled, or frozen), and shipping of the same.
6 a) In the case that the stud dog owner chooses a puppy in lieu of stud fee, then the stud dog owner shall have first pick of the litter before any puppy from this litter is promised. They shall choose this puppy on or before the litter reaches 8 weeks of age.
b) The stud dog owner has the right to use their kennel name upon the naming of this puppy and has the right to decide whether or not to use the breeder's kennel name.
c) Should the stud dog owner choose a puppy as stud fee; they have the right to either keep, sell, or place the puppy with a third party under a co~ownership or sole ownership agreement. Should they choose to sell the puppy, they shall give the breeder first option to purchase the puppy at the original stud fee agreement. if the puppy is placed with, in any way, a third party then the stud dog owner shall inform the breeder where the puppy is placed so the breeder can keep track of the dog.
7. a) The bitch owner does hereby agree and make absolute promise that they will not transfer ownership, in any way, of any puppy resulting from this breeding to any person or organization whose intent is to resell, trade, or give away the puppy; or to use it in any laboratory experiments.
b) The bitch owner further agrees and does make absolute promise that they will not knowingly sell, trade, or give away a puppy resulting from this breeding to a known puppy mill or person whose sole intent is to breed and produce litters from the dog. But the puppies resulting from this breeding shall be placed into loving family homes who will care for the health and well~being of the puppy.
8. a) The bitch owner (being the Breeder) agrees to keep track of every puppy from this litter and periodically check on the welfare of the dog.
b) The breeder also agrees to make known to the Stud dog owner where pups are placed and with whom for the stud dog owner's purpose of seeing what their stud has produced.
9. a) The breeder (being the bitch owner) agrees to be responsible for the offspring of this breeding and further agrees to take back puppies and place them or assist in placing them if the owner/s can no longer keep them. Bitch owner agrees, in no case, will they knowingly allow the puppies/dogs resulting from this breeding be allowed to be placed into a shelter or pound.
b) The stud dog owner agrees to help in the placement of these puppies should the breeder not be able to do so.
c) The stud dog owner further agrees to assist the breeder in the replacement of any offspring resulting from this breeding in the event that the owner can no longer keep the dog; or to take responsibility for the placement of the dog should the breeder be unable to do so.
10. Should the bitch owner fail to comply with the terms of this agreement, upon court awarding decision of "breach of contract", they agree to pay the stud owner $5000.00 (five thousand dollars) in liquidated damages for damages to the owner's kennel name and reputation. Also for time, trouble, mental duress and damage to the dog's reputation.
11. I/We the undersigned, have thoroughly read and understand the contents of the entirety of this agreement and acknowledge this to be a true and binding contract. By the signing of this contract, I/We, do hereby agree and make absolute promise to abide by it's terms and conditions.
12. As Australian Cattle Dog breeders dedicated to the breed we recognize our responsibility to breed only the best specimens to compliment the betterment of the breed.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bitch Owner's Signatures:
Owner print name_________________________________ signed:__________________ Date________________
Co-owner print name______________________________ signed:__________________ Date________________
Stud Dog Owner Signature:
Owner print name____Lisa Bowman__________________ signed: ________________ Date________________
6189 Ga Hwy 242, Sandersville, GA 31082
(cell) 404-617-1218 (Home) 478-552-2795
You may print this contract, sign, notarize and mail to Timber Kennels prior to breeding
Copyright © 2012 TimberKennels. All rights reserved.